Chief Prevention Officer Approved Working at Heights Training Summary - 8 Hour:
CPO Approved Working at Heights training is required for all workers who are required under Ontario Regulation 213/91 - Construction Projects to use any of the following methods of fall protection:
- A travel restraint system.
- A fall restricting system.
- A fall arrest system.
- A safety net.
- A work belt.
- A safety belt.
Working at Heights training is critical to educate new construction workers on the risks associated with fall hazards and how to correctly inspect and use fall protection equipment .
Who Would Benefit From This Course:
- Construction Workers (New hires or workers beginning to work at heights)
- Architects and Engineers
- Sub-Trades required to work at heights
- Individuals seeking employment in the construction sector
- High School Students involved in the Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) Program working to build credits towards their Ontario Secondary School Diploma
Hot Zone's CPO Approved Working at Heights Training course outcomes include:
- Explanation of employers, supervisors, workers and constructor rights and responsibilities under the law
- Identification of the hazards of working at heights
- Review of the hierarchy of controls
- Procedures for warning methods and barriers for fall hazards
- Safety procedures for ladders and similar devices
- Description of the legal requirements, components, safe use of, limitations, and dangers of fall protection equipment
- Demonstration of how to inspect, safely use, and maintain the components of personal fall protection equipment
- Describing the purpose of anchorage points, their use, limitations and available types
- Identification of other types of work access equipment and platforms and corresponding fall protection equipment
- Review of the key aspects of fall rescue plans
- Theory test
|Training Interval||Every 3 Years - 4 Hour Practical CPO Approved Working at Heights Refresher Training is required.|
|Pre-Requisite||Worker Awareness Training by Employer|
|Includes||Working at Heights Waller Card (Certificate). An additional digital certificate is issued following the training through SkillsPass.|