Confined Space Entry Rescue Training Course Summary
In addition to planning how your workers will enter a confined space, you must create a plan to get workers out if anything goes wrong. This could be the result of a pre-existing medical condition, injury resulting from the work being performed within the space, or a result of the change in space atmosphere.
Employers must create a rescue plan that will allow a worker to be rescued without placing other workers at risk. Methods of rescue are broken down into non-entry rescue, where a worker is rescued using rescue equipment located outside of the space, or by entry rescue, where a rescue team member(s) will enter the space using specialized equipment to retrieve the injured worker.
Our Confined Space Rescue Specialists will train your team on how to safely perform entry and non-entry rescue through practical scenarios over two days.
Please note, our training includes instruction on the use of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatuses as part of confined space rescue training. A full Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Training should be taken separately for workers that cannot show previous SCBA Training records.
For details on our Confined Space Rescue Specialists, please visit our About Hot Zone webpage to see our full team.
Who Would Benefit From This Course:
- Confine Space Rescue Teams
- Emergency Rescue Team Members
- HazMat Team Members
- Employees who have already completed Confined Space Entry and Attendant Training
Theory and Practical Training - 2 Full Days
- Definitions and terms
- Characteristics of confined spaces, restricted spaces and enclosed spaces
- Duties of the entry supervisor, entry attendant and the entrant(s)
- Entry permits and hot work permits
- Rescue plans
- Air monitors
- Respiratory protection (includes Self Contained Breathing Apparatuses SCBA usage)
- Chemical protective clothing
- Energy isolation
- Non-entry rescue practical scenarios
- Entry rescue practical scenarios
|Duration||2 Days (Request a quote as pricing varies per client confined space entry demands).|
|Training Interval||3 Years Recommended Refresher|
|Pre-Requisite||Confined Space Training (Entrant and Attendant)|
|Includes||Certificate of Completion|