NFPA 472 Private Sector Employee Specialist Level A Training Course Summary:
Conforming to NFPA 472 Chapter 9, employees will be trained to Specialist Level A requirements to safely identify, assess, plan, prepare, and execute the response to a hazardous material incident involving bulk chemicals or containers specific to their organization's processes. This includes offensive and defensive approaches tailored to each organization's needs.
Who Would Benefit From This Course:
- Emergency Response Team Members
- Production and Maintenance Employees
- Supervisors and Senior Management
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Members
- Security Staff
At the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Identify products and containers involved in hazardous material incident
- Recognize and verify hazard information
- Determine extent of damage to means of containment
- Predict likely behaviour of released chemicals
- Estimate potential outcomes of the incident
- Plan a response based on capabilities and resources available
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) based on the specific incident
- Select decontamination method(s)
- Develop and operate within an incident management system
- Perform containment, confinement, and control of a product
- Have the ability to continually evaluate and modify the operation to address changing factors
Training will include table top and practical scenarios to develop employees knowledge, skills, abilities and confidence to be able to effectively respond to hazardous materials incidents.
Prior to training, Hot Zone meets with each client to fully understand the scope of hazardous materials used on-site in order to individually tailor each NFPA 472 Specialist Level A training based on each organizations response plan.
Hot Zone can also assist your business to identify equipment and PPE requirements and support procurement.
|Training Interval||3 Years Recommended Refresher|
|Includes||Certificate of Completion|