Fire Extinguisher Training Course Summary:
Fire prevention is critical. For employers that require workers or emergency response teams to manage incipient stage fires (Stage 1 or Initial Onset), there is a requirement to provide fire extinguisher training.
Hot Zone’s Fire Extinguisher Training will teach responders the fundamental characteristics of a fire, provide practical training in the use a extinguisher to put out a live fire, and identify when it is time to leave the fire to the professionals.
Who Would Benefit From This Course:
Owners, Supervisors, Emergency Response Team Member, Workers Assigned for Fire Watch (Hot Work Activities)
- Overview of Fire Chemistry – Review of the Rhode Island Night Club Fire. Discussion on how fires start and the three stages of a fire
- Classes of Fires – Review of Class A, B, C, D and K fires
- Review of Extinguishers – Makes and models of extinguishers available for response
- Discussion on how a fire and heat move through a building
- Fire Management Limitations – Discussion on when a fire is too large for internal response teams to extinguish
- Workplace fire prevention techniques
- Fire Extinguisher Operation – The PASS acronym
- Practical exercise in extinguishing combustible liquids
|Training Interval||3 Years Recommended Refresher|
|Includes||Certificate of Completion|